Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I need a Breather

Seriously.

You want to hear about my night. Oh good, I need to vent to somebody.

First of all. I've held Dot, all night. All NIGHT people. Everytime I put her down she crys. She's crying as we speak, well wait. There she stopped. I'm I wonderful and loving mom, really I am. But when she's cried everytime I put her down, even just to go to the bathroom . . . well, lets just say everybody has their breaking point. (Huh, I thought my ears were getting a break, but alas the crying has begun yet again.)

So that's mostly just a common annoyance, and if that was all I'd be okay. But then there is Googie.

Okay, so the first time was me getting mad because I didn't understand. She comes out of her bedroom saying she has to go pottie. I took her 5 minutes before. 5 minutes. I don't care how small your bladder is you don't have to go again. I put her back in bed (pick up Dot who has been crying, again). 5 minutes later I hear her playing in the hall just out of my sight. So I get up and put her back in bed during protests that she really does need to go pottie (little side note here, if Dot hadn't been crying I probably would have listened to her a little better, but I was slightly distracted). Then the third time I hear her open the door, and I am really mad. Why isn't she staying in bed. When I round the corner she is crouched over, crying and pooping in her pull-up (which, by the way, we had just spoke explicitly about not getting dirty). Poor thing. I cleaned her up and got her back in bed. Of course, through it all Dot is crying.

So I settle Dot down and get her to sleep. I'm holding her, and heaven forbid I should even think about putting her down. Then I hear a crash in the girls room. I have to set Dot down and so commences the crying.

Upon arriving in the room, I find Googie in her closet/playroom. She is stuck in her dolly's playpen, smashed against the wall. So I pick her up and put her back in bed. Then as I go back to shut the closet door I see the box of tissues pulled out all over the floor, toys scattered everywhere, and half of the clothes that I had just put in her drawer not 5 minutes before bedtime, strewn across the room. (Deep breaths everyone, DEEP breaths.)

Honestly, I know it could be worse, and it's not the end of the world. That crying baby soundtrack playing in the background just makes the whole situation unbearable.

Now to go and tend to the still crying offspring.

4 comments:

tracy m said...

Oh boy. I am so sorry- I can honestly say that I know how you feel- and it is HARD when you have a baby that cried all the time. The soundtrack in the background is murder on your nerves and on your patience with other things. People who have not had a baby like that just don't get it.

Beanie was like that- he cried and cried and cried. Even my milk made him cry. It sucked. He cried for almost the first half-year of his life. When I think back on it, I still shudder.

If Dot is like that, get some help, if there is anyway you can. It took me while before I was frayed enough to ask for help, but it really helped, just getting away from his crying for an hour or two here and there. Good luck, and hang in there.

Glad to read you are in your new home and organized. You're doing a good job!

Lisa M. said...

Oh, I so remember the days, and those ages of kids.

I am sorry.

Really sorry.

I just wanna echo what Tracy M and The Wiz said. (Wise women, they are)

tracy m said...

Gettin a little worried about you, TM-- let us know you're ok when you have a sec...

Anonymous said...

I am you in the future! Seven years ago I had a crying infant daughter and a potty training two year old daughter! My #2 cried 24/7. She napped only ten to fifteen minutes. My heart understands what you are experiencing! I was insane enough to have two more after (both girls),they were not criers. Here is your sneak peak into the future. It stops, she will grow and learn to giggle and walk. She is still a head strong girl, but she is the most dependable compassionate girl! I cannot imagine my life without her!